Whole Person Medicine
An approach that pays respect to the body’s innate ability to heal itself and uses medical tools that encourage the body to repair itself.
Of course there are clinical situations where modern scientific medicine is remarkable and life-saving and where no alternatives should be sought. However there are also many chronic ongoing conditions where the body can be stimulated, medical encouraged or gently provoked to heal itself.
Brian Kaplan a medically qualified doctor with 30 years experience in whole person medicine likes to make a full assessment of the entire history of your illness and then discuss treatment choices with you.
What treatments does Dr Kaplan use?
I: Conventional orthodox medicine is an essential part of Whole Person Medicine.
In an illness where loss of life or irreversible damage is possible, stomach proven cures in the form of appropriate surgery or medication must be used.
II: Treatments aimed at stimulating the body to heal itself. These methods are all based on the idea that the body can heal itself but simply is not doing so in optimal fashion. The treatment is thus directed – not only at the illness – but at the whole person. The aim is to provoke a healing reaction in the body/mind.
Dr Kaplan uses the following Whole Person Therapeutic Interventions
- Nutrition: Changing one’s diet can act as stimulus to the body to become healthier in general and with regard to many specific illnesses. Dr Kaplan will always enquire and give advice about diet and supplements and detox programmes involving various types of gentle fasting.
- Herbs: Natural herbs can gently aid recovery in many conditions.
- Autogenic Training: Many, drug many conditions are stress-related and Autogenic Training is a very powerful stress-releasing and stress-proofing method that is of proven use in headaches, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, insomnia, and many other conditions.
- Classical Homeopathy: A method used by millions of people worldwide, this begins with a consultation where you will have as much time as you need to tell the story of your problem in great detail. At the end of this a safe and gentle homeopathic medicine will be chosen to match both your illness and you as a whole person.
- Provocative Therapy: A healthy happy mind is just as important as a healthy body. Provocative Therapy is a very brief form of psychotherapy that uses Reverse Psychology and Humour to provoke you to locate, own and enact the real solutions to any psychological problems you have. Sessions tend to be energizing and enjoyable.